2022 Early Bird Specials
$50 OFF Friday & Sunday Balloon Flights
Only pay $350 ($400 regular price) when you book your AM & PM Balloon Flight for Friday, September 16 or Sunday, September 18, 2022. Limited time only!
Fly in a Balloon
Book a flight to fly with us in a balloon during one of the mass ascensions
Not Flying? Come have fun from the ground — Explore the festival >
What is a balloon flight like?
Jump in and fly away among an array of colorful shape and size balloons as you drift over Lancaster County countryside.
During the flight, you’ll be experiencing grand views of farmland, flying over Intercourse, Bird-in-Hand, and Strasburg. You’ll then be brought back to the festival grounds where you can enjoy food and fun.
Your feet won’t even feel like they left the ground!
Friday, Sept. 16, 2022: 7:00 am(media only) & 5:30 pm
Saturday, Sept. 17, 2022: 7:00 am & 5:30 pm
Sunday, Sept. 18, 2022: 7:00 am & 5:30 pm
Launch Site Address
2727 Old Philadelphia Pike
Bird-in-Hand, PA 17505
Latitude: 40.038746 Latitude: -76.176968
Purchase 2022 Flight Tickets
Use form below to book – See Important Terms & Conditions
Your Hot Air Balloon Festival Ride Experience
Please read the following information carefully!
72 Hours’ Notice REQUIRED to change, cancel, and or reschedule a flight that is booked and confirmed
How to check weather conditions:
Sunrise Flights (AM):
Call our WEATHER HOTLINE NUMBER any time after 4:30 AM the day of your flight to check the Flight status at 1-800-723-5884.
Arrive 1 hour prior to launch time.
Sunset Flights (PM):
Call our WEATHER HOTLINE NUMBER 2 hours’ prior to your flight time, the day of your flight, to check the Flight status at 1-800-723-5884.
Arrive 1 hour prior to launch time.
Hot Air Balloon Flight Details:
- Arrive at festival grounds 1 hour prior to launch time.
- Festival Balloon flights are 30-60m. Plan on spending 2 to 3 hours with us for balloon setup and transportation back to the launch point.
- Bring your camera! There will be many opportunities for photos. Our crew members are excellent photographers and would love to help you capture your special moment.
- Transportation back to your launch point is provided.
Sunrise flights are NOT cancelled as much as sunset flights are. Weather is just better more often in the morning hours.
Terms & Conditions:
Flight Certificates do NOT expire and can be used at any time to book and or reschedule.
Flight Certificates are refundable for a period of 6 months from the purchase date LESS 15% of the total.
Flight Certificates are transferable to anyone to use to book a flight.
72 Hours’ Notice is required to change, cancel, and or reschedule a flight that is booked and confirmed.
Rescheduling a cancelled flight:
In the event your festival flight is cancelled, your flight ticket can be reimbursed anytime through the US Hot Air Balloon Team at one of their locations.
If you have any other questions, feel free to contact us.
Frequently Asked Questions
- When can I see balloons and do balloons go up all day or is it only at the scheduled times?
Wind and weather permitting, Balloons will launch at 7:00AM and 5:30PM.
During the day, again, if the wind and weather cooperates there will be tethered rides available for a fee.
There will also be a walkthrough balloon for attendees to go inside and explore (walk through is included with admission)
- Are there things to do all day or should we just come at the launch times?
There will be music and shows all weekend long! Please see our schedule of events here.
There will also be:
- bounce houses, sliding boards
- Additional sliding boards
- Brand New obstacle courses
- Rock wall & trampolines
- Corn maze
- Tractor hayride
- Large lawn games – jenga, checkers, etc.
- Balloon walk through
- Is there a cost for the corn maze, bounce houses, hay rides and other on-site activities?
Music stage, food truck area, fireworks, corn maze, bounce houses, hay rides, and other activities are included in the price of a general admission pass.
Tethered balloon rides are available for purchase at the festival.
- What are the weather requirements for a balloon to be able to fly?
Balloons are very weather dependent and generally there can be no rain or thunderstorms in the area and the winds have to be stable and calm. See weather updates
- How do we know if flights are canceled?
Announcements will be made over the PA system at the festival, on our website and on Facebook.
- Where is the parking?
Free on-site parking is available as well as back up parking within walking distance of the event.
- Does parking cost anything
For the 2022 festival there is no parking fee.
- Is this a dog-friendly event?
No pets, but service animals are welcome
- Is there an age requirement?
To fly in the balloons the age requirement is 6 and up but there is none to attend the event!
- How long and how high are the tethered rides?
3-5 minutes and fly up to 25 to 50 feet depending on the weather.
- Is there a fee to get in?
Yes, general admission passes will need to be purchased for the event. If you book a balloon ride, your general admission ticket is included in your balloon ticket.
- What is the refund policy for general admission tickets?
General admissions pass purchases are non-refundable and all sales are final.
- Should we bring lawn chairs/blankets?
Lawn chairs and blankets are permitted.
- What is the address of the event?
2727 Old Philadelphia Pike Bird in Hand, PA 17505
- What is a balloon glow?
A balloon glow is a spectacular sight where the pilots set up their balloons after dark and use the burners and fire to make the balloons glow in the dark!
- Are there handicapped accessible balloons?
Yes! We do have some handicap accessible balloons available.
- How many balloons will there be?
30+ balloons at this event.
- Are alcoholic beverages allowed at the festival?
No alcoholic beverages may be brought into the festival.
- Are coolers allowed at the festival?
No coolers will be allowed.
- When should I arrive at the Festival?
As early as possible, there will be a lot to do for all ages and you’ll want to claim your spot on the field for the best view of the stage and the launch field. Gates open at 3PM on Friday and 12PM on Saturday and Sunday. See our schedule for more info
- What types of entertainment are happening at the Lancaster Balloon Festival?
The stage is going to be filled with local bands, kids’ shows, reptile shows, and more. There will also be bounce houses, sliding boards, obstacle coures, a zipline, balloon walkthrough, hayrides, rock walls games and more for kids and adults all included with a general admission ticket. And of course, if the weather cooperates there will be balloon launches, tethers, glows, and displays!
- How can I purchase tickets for the Lancaster Balloon Festival?
Balloon Flight Tickets can be purchased online by clicking here, until sold out!
General Admission passes can be bought here.
- Can I purchase flight tickets or general admission passes at the gate on the day of the event?
Flight Tickets will most likely sell out a week or two in before the festival. So book your flight now. You can ask at the gate if there are any open capacity for flights.
General admission passes will be available at the gate but we anticipate selling out so purchase ahead of time online!