Fly in a Balloon
Book a flight to fly with us in a balloon during one of the mass ascensions
Not Flying? Come have fun from the ground — Explore the festival >
What is a balloon flight like?
Jump in and fly away among an array of colorful shape and size balloons as you drift over Lancaster County countryside.
During the flight, you’ll be experience grand views of farmland, flying over Intercourse, Bird-in-Hand, and Strasburg. You’ll then be brought back to the festival grounds where you can enjoy food and fun.
Your feet won’t even feel like they left the ground!
Friday, Sept. 17: 6:30 am & 6:30 pm
Saturday, Sept. 18: 6:30 am & 6:30 pm
Sunday, Sept. 19: 6:30 am & 6:30 pm
Launch Site Address
2727 Old Philadelphia Pike
Bird-in-Hand, PA 17505
Latitude: 40.038746 Latitude: -76.176968
Purchase Flight Tickets
& View Details
Use form below to book – See Important Terms & Conditions
Your Hot Air Balloon Festival Ride Experience
Please read the following information carefully!
72 Hours’ Notice REQUIRED to change, cancel, and or reschedule a flight that is booked and confirmed
How to check weather conditions:
Sunrise Flights (AM):
Call our WEATHER HOTLINE NUMBER any time after 4:30 AM the day of your flight to check the Flight status at 1-800-723-5884.
Arrive 1 hour prior to launch time.
Sunset Flights (PM):
Call our WEATHER HOTLINE NUMBER 2 hours’ prior to your flight time, the day of your flight, to check the Flight status at 1-800-723-5884.
Arrive 1 hour prior to launch time.
Hot Air Balloon Flight Details:
- Arrive at festival grounds 1 hour prior to launch time.
- Festival Balloon flights are 30-60m. Plan on spending 2 to 3 hours with us for balloon setup and transportation back to the launch point.
- Bring your camera! There will be many opportunities for photos. Our crew members are excellent photographers and would love to help you capture your special moment.
- Transportation back to your launch point is provided.
Sunrise flights are NOT cancelled as much as sunset flights are. Weather is just better more often in the morning hours.
Terms & Conditions:
Flight Certificates do NOT expire and can be used at any time to book and or reschedule.
Flight Certificates are refundable for a period of 6 months from the purchase date LESS 15% of the total.
Flight Certificates are transferable to anyone to use to book a flight.
72 Hours’ Notice is required to change, cancel, and or reschedule a flight that is booked and confirmed.
Rescheduling a cancelled flight:
In the event your festival flight is cancelled, your flight ticket can be reimbursed anytime through the US Hot Air Balloon Team at one of their locations.
If you have any other questions, feel free to contact us.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do balloons go up all day or is it only at the scheduled times?
Balloon Launches will be at 6 am and 6:00 pm. See the full schedule
- Are there things to do all day or should we just come at the launch times?
There will be music and shows all weekend long! Please see our schedule of events here.
- Is there a cost for the corn maze, bounce houses, hay rides and other on-site activities?
Yes, we will have wristbands for sale at the gate that will provide unlimited access to the 5-acre corn maze, 10-12 bounce houses, hay rides, and balloon walk-thru. Wristbands are $5 for ages 3 years and up. Children under 3 years must be accompanied by a paying adult.
Tethered balloon rides are available for purchase at the festival. $20 for adults and $10 for children ages 13 and under.
Amish Buggy Rides will be available at an additional cost.
- What are the weather requirements for a balloon to be able to fly?
Balloons are very weather dependent and generally there can be no rain or thunderstorms in the area and the winds have to be stable and calm. See weather updates
- How do we know if flights are canceled?
Announcements will be made over the PA system at the festival, on our website and on Facebook.
- Where is the parking?
Free on-site parking is available as well as back up parking within walking distance of the event.
- Does parking cost anything
For the 2021 festival there is no parking fee.
- Is this a dog-friendly event?
The event does not allow pets except for service animals.
- Is there an age requirement?
To fly in the balloons the age requirement is 6 and up but there is none to attend the event!
- How long and how high are the tethered rides?
3-5 minutes and fly up to25 to 50 feet depending on the weather.
- Is there a fee to get in?
Yes, general admission tickets will need to be purchased for the event. If you book a balloon ride, your general admission ticket is including in your balloon ticket.
- What is the refund policy for general admission tickets?
General admissions pass purchases are non-refundable and all sales are final. If any festival days are canceled due to weather, unused tickets will be honored for the following year.
- Should we bring lawn chairs/blankets?
Lawn chairs and blankets are permitted in the stage area only. Lawn chairs and blankets will not be permitted on the fields as they are trip hazards for the balloon crews and festival participants.
- What is the address of the event?
2727 Old Philadelphia Pike, Bird In Hand PA
- What is a balloon glow?
A balloon glow is a spectacular sight where the pilots set up their balloons after dark and use the burners and fire to make the balloons glow in the dark!
- What is a Hound and Hare race?
A hound and hare race is a competition for the pilots to show off their skills! First one balloon launches, flies for about 15 minutes, then lands and places an “X” on the ground. Then all the other balloons on the field launch and try to drop a sand bag on the “X” and the pilot the closest is the winner!
- Are there handicapped accessible balloons?
Yes! we do have some handicap accessible balloons available.
- How many balloons will there be?
40+ balloons at this event.
- Are alcoholic beverages allowed at the festival?
No. Alcoholic beverages are NOT allowed.
- Are coolers allowed at the festival?
Yes. Personal coolers are allow.