What is General Admission?
General admission to the Lancaster Balloon Festival grounds includes:
- Experience the balloons as launch in the mass ascension (many hot air balloons taking off at the same time).
- Entry into food tent featuring soft pretzels, chicken bbq, cheesesteaks, vegan, funnel cake, ice cream, and more!
- Up-front view of the balloon glows (Fri-Sat) and fireworks (Sat)
- Audience to the main stage featuring magic shows, live music, reptile shows, family entertainment, and more!
The following activities are INCLUDED in General Admission:
- Bounce Houses
- Corn Maze
- Tractor hayride
- Large lawn games – Jenga, checkers, etc.
- Balloon walkthrough
In addition, the activities below are available for purchase at the event:
- Tethered Balloon Ride
- Rock Wall Climbing
Festival Admission Ticket Refund Policy
General admissions pass purchases are non-refundable and all sales are final. If any festival days are canceled due to weather, unused tickets will be honored for the following year.
Plan Ahead for a Successful Trip to the Festival
Rule #1 — Arrive Early. As we get closer to our morning and evening ascensions (but especially the evening), traffic will greatly increase and road congestion around the festival is common. Remember — To be early is to be on time, to be on time is to be late, and to be late is… disappointing.
Rule #2 — Pack only what you need. Keep your valuables at home – The festival organizers are not responsible for personal items.
Rule #3 — Dress for success by wearing light-colored clothing, baseball caps/wide-brimmed hats, sunglasses, sunscreen, etc.
Rule #4 — Obey the no-no list:
- No Drones
- No Outside food/beverages
- No Pets (except service animals)
- No Lawn chairs/blankets on the field*
*Lawn chairs and blankets are tripping hazards for balloon crew and attendees, therefore they cannot be used on the field. Lawn chairs and blanks may be used in the Stage area. Please contact us with further questions.
Enjoy The Festival!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- When can I see balloons and do balloons go up all day or is it only at the scheduled times?
Wind and weather permitting, Balloons will launch at 7:00AM and 5:30PM.
During the day, again, if the wind and weather cooperates there will be tethered rides available for a fee.
There will also be a walkthrough balloon for attendees to go inside and explore (walk through is included with admission)
- Are there things to do all day or should we just come at the launch times?
There will be music and shows all weekend long! Please see our schedule of events here.
There will also be:
- bounce houses, sliding boards
- Additional sliding boards
- Brand New obstacle courses
- Rock wall & trampolines
- Corn maze
- Tractor hayride
- Large lawn games – jenga, checkers, etc.
- Balloon walk through
- Is there a cost for the corn maze, bounce houses, hay rides and other on-site activities?
Music stage, food truck area, fireworks, corn maze, bounce houses, hay rides, and other activities are included in the price of a general admission pass.
Tethered balloon rides are available for purchase at the festival.
- What are the weather requirements for a balloon to be able to fly?
Balloons are very weather dependent and generally there can be no rain or thunderstorms in the area and the winds have to be stable and calm. See weather updates
- How do we know if flights are canceled?
Announcements will be made over the PA system at the festival, on our website and on Facebook.
- Where is the parking?
Free on-site parking is available as well as back up parking within walking distance of the event.
- Does parking cost anything
For the 2023 festival there is no parking fee.
- Is this a dog-friendly event?
No pets, but service animals are welcome
- Is there an age requirement?
To fly in the balloons the age requirement is 6 and up but there is none to attend the event!
- How long and how high are the tethered rides?
3-5 minutes and fly up to 25 to 50 feet depending on the weather.
- Is there a fee to get in?
Yes, general admission passes will need to be purchased for the event. If you book a balloon ride, your general admission ticket is included in your balloon ticket.
- What is the refund policy for general admission tickets?
General admissions pass purchases are non-refundable and all sales are final.
- Should we bring lawn chairs/blankets?
Lawn chairs and blankets are permitted.
- What is the address of the event?
2727 Old Philadelphia Pike Bird in Hand, PA 17505
- What is a balloon glow?
A balloon glow is a spectacular sight where the pilots set up their balloons after dark and use the burners and fire to make the balloons glow in the dark!
- Are there handicapped accessible balloons?
Yes! We do have some handicap accessible balloons available.
- How many balloons will there be?
30+ balloons at this event.
- Are alcoholic beverages allowed at the festival?
No alcoholic beverages may be brought into the festival.
- Are coolers allowed at the festival?
No coolers will be allowed.
- When should I arrive at the Festival?
As early as possible, there will be a lot to do for all ages and you’ll want to claim your spot on the field for the best view of the stage and the launch field. Gates open at 3PM on Thursday and Friday, and 12PM on Saturday and Sunday. See our schedule for more info
- What types of entertainment are happening at the Lancaster Balloon Festival?
The stage is going to be filled with local bands, kids’ shows, reptile shows, and more. There will also be bounce houses, sliding boards, obstacle coures, a zipline, balloon walkthrough, hayrides, rock walls games and more for kids and adults all included with a general admission ticket. And of course, if the weather cooperates there will be balloon launches, tethers, glows, and displays!
- How can I purchase tickets for the Lancaster Balloon Festival?
Balloon Flight Tickets can be purchased online by clicking here, until sold out!
General Admission passes can be bought here.
- Can I purchase flight tickets or general admission passes at the gate on the day of the event?
Flight Tickets will most likely sell out a week or two in before the festival. So book your flight now. You can ask at the gate if there are any open capacity for flights.
General admission passes will be available at the gate but we anticipate selling out so purchase ahead of time online!